Show All Results
Head of Novel Modalities R&D
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your role: In this newly created position, the Head of Novel Modality R&D will lead the Novel Modalities R&D Team to achieve its growth objectives. This position will report directly to the Senior Director Actives & Formulations R&D. You will build, develop, and lead the Novel Modality R&D organization charged with the development of innovative manufacturing technologies for bioconjugates and RNA liposomes.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop manufacturing technologies for RNA liposomes and bioconjugates, such as ADCs.
- Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of bioconjugation and RNA liposomes templates.
- Identify optimized solutions considering newest scientific data sources and interact with the scientific community in the areas of interest. Keep updated on product and industry knowledge and “best-in-class” manufacturing technologies
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines.
- Understand the competencies required to achieve the Process Solutions business strategy (current and future). Drive selection and development based on those competencies within scope of accountability.
- Cultivate a workforce with complementary strengths and backgrounds, taking a portfolio approach to talent management. Recognize employee development as a strategic business imperative and secures succession.
- Work to create environment where initiative, risk-taking and creativity are rewarded more richly than safe behaviors.
- Provide advice and input on new technologies and investments required to maintain and gain a leadership position in the bioconjugation and RNA services, respectively.
- Establish a team-based approach with R&D partner organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and operations.
- Oversee and drive innovation for R&D activities securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology and product platforms whenever suitable
- Use your network of established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth.
Who You Are:
- BS degree with 10+ years professional experience
- Experience in ADC and/or RNA industry experience
- Experience in contract manufacturing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to work in global and multicultural environment
- Ability to train/coach employees
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or Biotechnology
- 5+ years of contract manufacturing experience
- 5+ years of ADC and/or RNA industry experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.