Show All Results
Associate Scientist 1 Microbiology
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Due to continued business growth, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Scientist to join our Microbiology team in Glasgow on a 12 month Fixed-Term contract. You will be responsible for the performance of routine GLP/GMP studies and maintain good housekeeping, equipment maintenance and stock control, to ensure the smooth running of the laboratories. Responsibilities also include working within the laboratory, following Standard Operating Procedures and relevant compliance regulations, to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded, to meet appropriate scientific and GLP/GMP regulatory standards.
Who you are:
• You have an HND or higher qualification in Microbiology or associated Biological Science discipline with relevant experience in a scientific laboratory role.
• You will ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GLP and / or GMP in a similar working environment.
• You are strongly focused on quality and safety and have strong planning and organisational skills
• You have good communication and interpersonal skills and are self-motivated, with strong initiative and drive
• You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com