Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: You are part of a global team that supports multiple database platforms around the world. Your tasks will range from installations, upgrades, performance tuning, disaster recovery planning / testing, application database support, problem analysis and resolution. You are a self-motivated person with strong mix of technical and communication skills and the ability to get things done. You are able to research issues and implement solutions in a disciplined manner. With the team, you can drive success to achieve the team’s goals. You are organized and can work numerous assignments at the same time.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable expertise
- 5+ years relevant experience in Oracle Database Administration.
- Working knowledge of Backup and Recovery, Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning, Database Installation/Upgrade/Configuration
- Flexibility to work off hours and provide on call support to support business and projects
- Master’s degree in computer science or comparable expertise
- Disciplined to work within Compliance, Change Control environment
- Good ITIL knowledge, certification is a plus
- Experience with Oracle RAC, Data Guard, OEM preferred
- Experience in the operation of IT systems in the context of the pharma industry is a plus
- Experience in HANA, DB2, MS SQL Server, Sybase, Cassandra, MongoDB helpful but not required
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.