Show All Results
Advanced Analytics -- Hadoop Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Location- Bangalore (Electronic City)
Shift Timings: 10:30 am – 7:30 pm or 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm
We are looking for savvy Data Engineer to join our growing team, as part of Advanced Analytics team, you will impact the business of Healthcare, Life Sciences and Performance Materials. Together we build solutions that will enable a seamless, highly scalable omni-channel experience for a multi-billion-dollar enterprise. You will work closely with Project Delivery Managers, Data Scientists, Architects and Business Stakeholders to design and develop world class data platform and solving business problems by leveraging the power of data.
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data at the organization's Scale.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability.
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and interacting with various open source forums.
- Interact with the engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Project Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver solutions by leveraging the power of data.
- Assemble large and complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Flexibility to support project issues during weekend and non-working hours.
- 2 to 8 years of experience in software development/Data Engineering and minimum 2+ years of experience in Big Data engineering.
- Hands on experience in any one of the programming languages – Python (preferred), Java, Scala and non-procedural language such as SQL.
- Experience working with Big data Ecosystem like (MapReduce, Hive, Spark, Oozie, Sqoop, Kafka and Any NoSQL databases).
- Experience in Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Experience working with large data sets in distributed computing to perform Massive parallel processing which Contributes to build analytics pipeline at M-Cloud System.
- Experience with data science and machine learning is a plus.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com