A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Our business in Glasgow is growing appreciably, and we currently have an opportunity for a Senior Associate Scientist (Cleanroom Project Leader) to join our team.
Working in our BioManufacturing department, you will be responsible for co-ordinating and directing cleanroom production activities to generate cell and virus material for further production use, as well as training and mentoring junior Manufacturing personnel. With a good background in GMP production activities and mammalian cell culture you will work closely with the production Scientist to set up new customer projects and be a key person from planning to completion including documentation completion, generation and reviews in line with GMP regulations.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop within our business in a key role where you will be able to make a difference, and where based on successful delivery you’ll be able to further grow and develop within a business where countless opportunities are being created.
Who you are:
- HND or higher qualification in a Biological Science discipline with significant commercial experience in a scientific laboratory role.
- Ideally have prior knowledge and experience working to GMP in a similar working environment for cleanroom manufacturing.
- A strong focus on quality and safety and ensure procedures are being followed.
- Experience of microscopy, aseptic technique and cell culture, preferably from a commercial background.
- Highly self-motivated, with strong initiative, facing challenges with energy, drive and the need to finish.
- You will proactively implement improvements to laboratory processes and procedures to improve efficiencies and reduce waste.
- Able to demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- A good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com