Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Who we are: Merck is a leading science and technology company in healthcare, life science and performance materials. Around 50,000 employees in 67 countries work to further develop technologies that improve and enhance life – from biopharmaceutical therapies to treat cancer or multiple sclerosis, cutting-edge systems for scientific research and production, to liquid crystals for smartphones and LCD televisions.
Your role: As a GL Accountant ME, you will be reporting to the Regional Accounting Manager, and will be responsible for coordinating closing and reporting activities for Middle and Near East regions.
Your key accountabilities would be:
- Support and partly coordinate month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing and reporting.
- Support Auditors in conducting internal and external audits.
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS and internal policies.
- Monitor and release prepayments.
- Collect, verify and post accruals.
- Reconcile GL with various sub ledgers and the Balance Sheet.
- Prepare and pass rectification entries and maintain Journal register.
- Manage Fixed Assets Register, depreciation run and physical verification.
- Assist in special projects, ad hoc analysis and tasks as needed.
- Cross-functional collaboration across departments.
- Interface with external stakeholders like auditors, actuaries, vendors etc.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 2-3+ years of experience general ledger, preferably in MNC
- Experience in SAP is desirable
- Good data analytics skills (including proficiency in Excel) and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com