Show All Results
Senior Expert, Regulatory Toxicology
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As the Senior Expert of Regulatory Toxicology for MilliporeSigmas Life Science division, you will be working in a global network of experts and ensuring all chemicals are classified in accordance with applicable global regulations. In order to process and review the Life Science chemical portfolio consisting of upwards of 100,000 unique neat chemicals and hundreds of thousands of mixtures, a variety of automated tools will be at your disposal both for assessment assistance and for ongoing enhancements. Based on your expertise, the expectation is to further enhance the capabilities of internal tools as new data becomes available and modeling libraries expand.
In addition to the technical and academic requirements of this position, you must also be comfortable developing your expertise within an international team. This role requires well rounded communication and collaboration skills as many projects and initiatives will require the input and support from EH&S, manufacturing, trade compliance, regulatory compliance, and others in order to be successful.
- Classification and labeling of chemical substances according to GHS (Globally harmonized system for classification and labeling)
- Monitoring and guaranteeing product compliance
- Interface to colleagues from product and project management
- Communication to offices world-wide and providing risk ratings to physical chemical properties of substances
- Literature research related to regulatory and risk-based data
- Updating product and substance databases, as well as product descriptions
- Verifying plausibility of product formulations and accompanying safety data
Who you are:
- Master’s or PhD in toxicology, pharmacology, chemistry, environmental sciences, cheminformatics, biochemistry or a related field and with 1+ years of relevant experience
- DABT or equivelent qualification is preferred
- Familiarity with the globally harmonized classification system (GHS)/US OSHA HCS/EU CLP or other GHS related adoptions
- Understanding of regulatory requirements related to GHS and hazardous chemicals
- Knowledge of bench, applied and regulatory toxicology, including the fundamental concepts of health risk assessments, industrial hygiene, and occupational toxicology
- Knowledge/experience in evironmental fate, ecotoxicology, physicochemical hazard evaluations will be more competitive
- Experience in SAP EHS systems is an advantage
- Comfortable using and developing predictive modelling tools
- Very good communicating skills and a good team-player
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Project management and communication skills are required
- High IT affinity (office and databases)
- Able to work comfortably in dynamic, high throughput environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.