Show All Results
Director Finance - Strategy & Transformation (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role:Our company’s strategy is centered around growth. Thus, our group invests significant funds into innovation and early stage projects that are a key driver of future value generation. The global Strategy & Transformation (S&T) function manages and evaluates these investments at group level. You are the Finance business partner of the Chief Strategy Officer who heads the global S&T function. Being part of the S&T leadership team, you provide financial oversight and all planning, support strategic steering, as well as manage financially the portfolio of projects and activities. With your team, you focus on value drivers for decision-making and bring financial transparency to the next level. You represent Finance in the Innovation Committee that evaluates and decides on investments into innovation projects and innovation fields. For individual innovation projects, you provide valuation and decision support including financial models, structure options, as well as participate in their Board of Director meetings. You engage in all financial aspects of building up the project portfolio and related activities in the Darmstadt Innovation Center, the China hub, the Silicon Valley hub, and the Israel incubator, as well as for M Ventures. Thereby, you ensure the value add including governance of projects and co-operations. You will coordinate the setup and oversee a structure and processes with considerable financial and operational complexity, amongst others ensuring adequate control of the legal entities in Darmstadt and hubs, the proper IP/tax cross-charging, and the commercialization of projects. You will interact internally with Finance, Group and Business Sector management up to the executive level as well as external partners. Thereby, you provide neutral judgement and lever organizational learnings.
Who you are:
- University degree in Business Administration, scientific or technical subjects
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in a global environment, e.g. Corporate or Business Controlling, Strategy, M&A, Business Development, Strategy Consulting, or Transaction Advisory
- Experience in establishing business cases, financial modeling, and evaluating business models
- Ability to drive multiple global projects with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills as well as ability to obtain results through working with people in different organizations and at different levels
- Affinity and excitement for innovation and technology in our businesses: Healthcare, Life Science, Performance Materials
- Determination, analytical, and communicative capabilities to change worldwide processes
- Attitude to work characterized by drive, passion, customer focus, and openness
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com