Show All Results
BioAnalytical Scientist II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma the BioAnalytical Scientist II will support efforts leading to the development of new products and processes for Viral Gene Therapy manufacturing. The position is based in Bedford, MA and is part of the BioProcessing Research and Development (R&D) group. The BioAnalytical team focuses on the development, optimization, and application of analytical techniques including HPLC, ELISA, qPCR, flow cytometry, particle analysis, and electrophoresis. The candidate’s initial focus will be to develop, qualify, and perform qPCR and ELISA methods to support Lentivirus and Adeno-Associated Virus production and purification projects.
In addition, the Bioanalytical Scientist II will design and execute bioanalytical assays in support of ongoing research and improvement projects. He/she will participate on multi-disciplinary product development teams, will analyze data independently and complete technical reports and external publication (as appropriate). This position is 75% lab based.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry or a related Science discipline with 2+ years’ experience in biomolecule analysis or a Master’s degree in Biochemistry or related Science discipline
- 3+ years of laboratory skills including the use of analytical instrumentation such as HPLCs, plate readers, flow cytometers
- Experience working with Lentivirus and Adeno-Associated Virus
- 3+ years developing and qualifying qPCR, ddPCR and/or ELISA methods
- Experience with cell culture (HEK293)
- Fundamental understanding of biopharmaceutical processing
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Ability to work safely and efficiently in the lab and arrange own activities to accomplish objectives with short deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.