Show All Results
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Your Role: In this role, you will be a key technical expert responsible for solving critical challenges in development of new materials, new development methodologies for semiconductor and other device applications and assisting in implementation of existing customer engagements.
You will develop new thin film materials and methods, evaluating their physical and electrical properties through basic device fabrication and test. Through experimentation and modeling, the scientist develops an understanding of fundamental mechanisms underlying device performance. And generates new R&D activities supported by business and technical justification.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Science or related discipline with strong interdisciplinary skills.
- 4+ years of graduate training experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Post-doctoral and/or industry experience
- Experience with Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD), and surface chemistry.
- Experience with thin film processing for semiconductor applications.
- Thorough understanding of solid-state materials physics principles.
- Experience with Integrated Circuit (IC) manufacturing and integration engineering.
- Hands on experience with building and operating high vacuum systems and hardware.
- Comprehensive understanding and experience in wide range of analytical instrumentation, such as FTIR, UV-VIS, XRD, XPS, AFM, SEM, TEM and advanced spectroscopic techniques.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.