Show All Results
Head of Gene Editing and Novel Modalities Strategy & Execution
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Gene Editing & Novel Modalities (GENM) is one of three Promise Ventures within MilliporeSigma. With the agility of a startup and the resources of a leading multinational company, GENM is applying a portfolio of advanced genomics technologies, cell engineering expertise, and cell and gene therapy manufacturing to transform the way researchers discover, develop, and manufacture novel, life changing gene and cellular therapies.
Your Role: We are seeking a highly motivated leader to be a part of the GENM Leadership Team. In this role, you will lead the development and execution of GENM strategy. You will be responsible for developing the strategy, market and competitive intelligence analytics, and strategy execution.
In this role, you will work closely with the rest of the GENM Leadership Team to set the vision and priorities for the business. The role will have highly visible interactions inside and outside the Process Solutions organization to ensure that strategies are aligned up to the Group level.
Key responsibilities attributed to this function will include:
- Set the mid to long-range GENM business plan, including Tech Roadmaps
- Work with Process Solutions and Life Science strategy teams to ensure alignment
- Work with Franchise and Commercial teams to collect market data and competitive intelligence to inform business and strategic decisions
- Translate strategy into actions and work with broader organization to implement
- Communicate strategy and vision to organization and support GENM level communication both internally and externally
- Organize and coordinate GENM Leadership Team meetings
Who You Are:
- BS degree 10+ years professional experience
- Experience managing teams in complex project management, process improvement, extensive change management, advisory and/or consulting experience
- Deeply analytical with quantitative and qualitative data – framing and conducting analysis
- Deeply experienced in communicating fact-based, market-driven insights and building internal alignment
- Experienced in the big picture; able to assess and integrate macro factors ranging from political, economic, competitive, regulatory and technological areas and make impactful business recommendations for the short, medium and long term
- An ability to influence without authority and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Experienced in global organization working with highly technical team members
- Travel up to 30%
- Degree in Business (or Management), Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years managing teams in complex project management, process improvement, extensive change management, advisory and/or consulting experience required
- Prior experience in Strategy and Business Development, Business Case development
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.