Show All Results
Director, Global Evidence & Value Development (HEOR), Oncology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is our GEVD oncology indication strategy leader that is responsible for the following:
- Develop a well-founded understanding of the target indications, target patient segments, real-world treatment algorithms in key markets, Relative Effectiveness Analysis (REA)/Health Technology Assessment (HTA) evidentiary requirements
- As core member of the product team define the cross-functional, cross-national Value Demonstration Strategies for HTA/REA in alignment with Franchise Strategies (Marketing / Pricing) for these programs/projects in their indications.
- Lead/chair project/product-related cross-functional, international Value Strategy Teams (VaSTs)
- Guide and educate the Global Project (sub)-teams to prepare and meet the EMD Serono REA/HTA decision criteria per DP (inclusive of risk analyses, strategic development options and contingency plans).
- Ensure the integration of REA/HTA considerations into Target Product Value Profiles, Integrated Development Plans and other R&D Strategy documents, Clinical Trial Protocols, CRFs, SAPs and Clinical Study Reports.
- Drive/lead the cross-functional processes for consistent REA/HTA advice, HTA agency consultations, and HCP/Payers’ input on their evidentiary requirements to inform and shape product development.
- Demonstrate an in-depth proficiency in Health Outcomes Research, Health Economics, Patient Reporting Outcomes, and/or Real-World Evidence Generation techniques
- Build-up, sustain and strengthen internal and external expert networks to ensure the relevance of the generated evidence in the light of changing REA/HTA requirements.
- Generate additional evidence alongside product development to translate clinical surrogates into quantified differential patient value and relevant market access endpoints.
- Lead/drive the elaboration of health economic models for 1st-wave core countries in collaboration
- Deliver the evidence-based REA/HTA value proposition and the Global Master Value dossiers as backbone for National REA/HTA submissions
- Ensure the publication of study results and their presentation in internal/external working groups, networks, congresses
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 plus years of experience, or master’s degree in Health Economics, Public Health, Health Services Research, Epidemiology, or relevant degree with 5 plus years or PhD with 3 plus years of experience
- Five plus years of practical experience with Value Based Health Care Decision Making / Access, ideally in pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- A strong background combined with hands-on experience in consulting, managed markets, health insurance, payer authority or payer research institute will be considered
- Project management skills as well as certain management competencies are of importance in this role. These include organized and structured work habits, as well as the ability to use internal and outsourcing resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to define problems and seek alternate solutions based on solid business and scientific judgement. Aptitude in setting priorities, making decisions and identifying and mitigating risk is of necessity, along with a high standard of ethical and intellectual integrity
- Experience in collaborative efforts with external institutions and service providers
- Oncology experience preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.