Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist Pro 5
Work Location: Sheboygan Falls(SIAL) Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin
Shift: Day Job
Department: LS-OIY-P1 Prod - Stains & Dyes 1
This information is for internals only. Please do not share outside of the organization.
Manufacture or evaluate products according to established protocols, provide technical support to others and perform operations in support of the group and department.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations.
- Ensure quality throughout the process.
- Assure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Perform routine assays, processes and/or unit operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Participate as needed in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedure independently.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed. Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- Supply information based on experience and knowledge
- Frequently required to wear appropriate protective gear, (hard hats, glasses/goggles, chemical resistant suits, gloves, safety shoes) and other personal protection equipment “PPE” to protect themselves from toxic or corrosive chemicals in the forms of liquids, solids, vapors or airborne particles.
- Employee must view computer monitors for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist, crouch or crawl for long periods of time.
- The employee must be able to speak, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and ability to push and pull heavy materials to complete assignment.
- The employee may be required to lift more poundage with assistance.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly uses phones, computers, computer monitors and all office/laboratory equipment.
Who You Are:
- BS or BA degree in chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering or related life science discipline, or
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with 4+ years of work experience in a life science field, chemical production, and laboratory environment
- Knowledge in chemistry or biochemistry, math and general science.
- Familiar with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Independent chemistry lab research desired
- Process techniques and unit operations
- Analytical techniques and equipment
- Safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong communication skills, oral and written.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.