Show All Results
QC Environmental Monitoring Senior Associate Scientist (Microbiology)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: We have an excellent opportunity for a QC Environmental Monitoring Senior Associate Scientist to join the team on a 12month Fixed-Term contract. As a Senior Associate Scientist within QC, you will perform a wide variety of routine tasks to support Environmental Monitoring (EM) for the GMP manufacturing facility. You will ensure tasks are allocated to appropriate personnel and that these are completed compliantly and in a timely manner. You will ensure that laboratories are maintained to the required health, safety and housekeeping standards; equipment is monitored and maintained, and that consumable and reagents are readily available for use. You will provide guidance and training to less experienced employees but will not have direct line management responsibility. You will lead investigation of environmental monitoring related events (as appropriate), ensuring identification of root cause and implementation of any related CAPA plans. The ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with manufacturing, support services and quality assurance personnel will be critical for success in this role.
Who You Are:
- You have an HND or higher qualification in Microbiology or a related subject
- You will have previous scientific laboratory work experience within a GMP regulated environment
- Previous experience of performing plate reads, gram stains and API identifications would be advantageous
- You are strongly focused on quality and safety
- You have strong planning and organisational skills
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills
- You are self motivated with strong initiative and drive
- You have a good standard of written and spoken English and are computer literate, ideally with prior knowledge of working with LIMS.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com