Show All Results
Scientist, Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At EMD Serono we have an exciting opportunity for you to join a high-performing Antibody Discovery and Protein Engineering team. You will contribute to our early Discovery projects portfolio through screening and in-depth characterization of antibodies selected by single B-cell screening (Berkeley Lights Beacon, microfluidics, FACS), NGS, phage display and Yeast Surface Display, and of engineered biotherapeutic candidates from protein engineering design-test cycles.
In addition, you will contribute to optimization and characterization of biotherapeutics through the entire research pipeline, from early discovery to preparation of lead candidates for development into the clinic.
- Assay development and execution for identification and deep-level characterization of biotherapeutics
- Apply knowledge of antibody and protein engineering to improve biotherapeutic candidates
- Develop and implement miniaturization and automation of complex assays for microfluidic and high-throughput screening
- Improve our antibody discovery and protein engineering capabilities to the next level with your ideas and testing of new Discovery and Biotherapeutic approaches
- Work in cross-functional matrixed Research Discovery Project Teams to drive projects forward and represent the department
- Present concepts, experimental results, conclusions, and plans clearly and in context of larger organizational goals to the department and project teams
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related Scientific discipline with 3+ years’ experience in antibody and biologics discovery or Master’s degree in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry or related Scientific discipline
- PhD in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, or related Scientific discipline with 4+ years of industry experience or Master’s degree in a related research field with 5+ years of industry experience
- Industry experience in successful antibody and biologics discovery, screening and characterization
- Industry experience working in cross-functional research project teams
- Experience with automation equipment for liquid handling and assay execution
- Experience with up-to-date instrumentation for antibody discovery and Biologics characterization preferred (e.g., Berkeley Lights Beacon, microfluidics, IncuCyte, High-content screening, FACS, Biacore, Octet, Carterra, iQue screener, ImageStream, others)
- Initiative and interest in learning new technologies and new disease-relevant Biology
- Interpersonal skills essential for teamwork and the ability to effectively work with colleagues
- Good publication records is an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.