Show All Results
Manufacturing Tech III (Night Shift)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Technician 3 is a processor that has proven their abilities to operate consistently with approved manufacturing procedures and documents. They are responsible for safely executing manufacturing processes and ensure the accuracy of documentation within the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision to ensure daily department operating goals are developed and achieved. Job is Night shift, 12-hour days in a rotating shift model starting Monday evening and rotating to any other shift as the need arises. Additional Local and departmental needs require Production Shift work, 12-hour night schedule working during various days of the week with competitive shift differential. Also, in this position you will be required to rotate to the other shifts as needed, to ensure full staffing of those shifts.
The Non-GMP Essential Job Functions include performing production and sampling operations per approved manufacturing procedures. This can include the following equipment setup for manufacturing processes per approved procedures and best practices. Perform necessary analytical tests and notify technical lead or supervisor of results during a production operation.
You are required to notify technical lead or supervisor for critical in-process decisions based on analytical data. Expectations include properly dispose of waste using department protocols. Thoroughly document all production activities. Maintain equipment according to protocols written with departmental procedures & best practices. Assist in preparation of Procedures to ensure compliance with applicable Safety and Quality guidelines. You will also have goals of developing and assisting in the implementation of process improvement, safety, quality, and 5S ideas.
- The GMP Essential Job Functions include performing production and operation support per approved manufacturing procedures. This may include transferring of bulk product/raw materials/samples while adhering to GMP guidance.
- You will stage and sample raw materials as needed. Perform basic cleaning operations of rooms/equipment. Assist with inventory control of incoming raw material and final product. Also included is, waste disposal from manufacturing operations
- At times customer interaction potential and audit questioning elevates the responsibilities of this position
- Lift and carry up to 80 pounds while wearing personal protective equipment, including respirators, for an extended period of time.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- AA in life science area with applicable experience working in a similar environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient in safe processing techniques and pertinent OSHA, EPA, FDA regulations.
- Working knowledge of general chemistry, mathematics, and standard computer applications.
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology (i.e., PDSA, Lean Manufacturing, and/or Six Sigma) is preferred as well.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.