Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
- Production of products in assigned work areas. Follows written instructions (MPS/SOP/Shop Packets) provided by Production Supervisor or Planner. Assists in disposal of nonconforming products by following regulations.
- Testing of products in assigned work area. Submits samples to appropriate department for testing. Performs in-process inspections as required.
- Packaging of products in assigned work area. Enters and prints all labels and data sheets. Packages product according to MPS/SOP. Refers to product specs for proper amount, labels, etc.
- Material Handling - Maintains inventory of raw materials and requests supplies at established levels. Performs necessary transactions/documentation.
- Operate/Maintain necessary related lab equipment and simple hand tools including balances, labelers, vacuum pumps, ovens, evaporators, and glove box.
- Vision within normal limits
- Operation of hand tools, balances, pumps, ovens, various labelling equipment and manufacturing machinery
- Moving materials weighing typically between 15-50 lbs.
- Working at bench level
- Standing, sitting, stooping and lifting
- Remaining in stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Performing repeating motions that may include the wrists, hand and/or fingers
Who you are:
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- 3+ months industrial work experience
- Ability to write legibly, read and follow written instructions
- Ability to use simple math formulas.
- Proficient with simple hand tools and set up and operate a variety of labelling and packaging equipment.
- Ability to use some judgement in planning and completion of related systems and processes.
- Familiar with using PC’s and common software
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.