Show All Results
Project Manager: Gene Therapy R&D
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Gene Editing & Novel Modalities (GENM) is one of three Promise Ventures within MilliporeSigma. As a Promise Venture our mandate is to think big and reach across verticals to leverage the full capabilities of the Life Science organization. With the agility of a startup and the resources of a leading multinational GENM is applying a portfolio of advanced technologies, cell engineering expertise, and cell and gene therapy manufacturing experience to transform the way researchers discover, develop, and manufacture novel, life changing gene and cellular therapies. We seek a Project Manager with the analytical and creative skills needed to execute effective Project Management.
The Project Manager will manage business critical projects across the organization. The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Gene Editing and Novel Modalities group in planning, implementation, communication and execution of special projects related to gene editing, custom cell engineering and viral and cell therapy. Focus will be on communicating with internal and external project team members and stakeholders as needed to identify and drive the completion of all project tasks and work streams. Additionally, this role will support the execution of the Virus & Gene Therapy (VGT) Project Management Office (PMO) mission and vision.
This position will also be responsible for maintaining the Master Project Plan and manage project documentation according to the Product Development Process (PDP); driving closure/completion of action items and deliverables through follow up with stakeholders and contributors. The Project Manager will also be responsible for managing the project to desired timeline; anticipating project risks and actively drive towards resolution; presenting project status to sponsors and stakeholders, maintain visibility into milestones and deliverables; representing the project at key meetings, record and distribute minutes with action items and due dates; generating monthly updates including tracking any relevant metrics for stakeholders; acting as liaison with internal groups (R&D, applications, business development) and external groups (partner, collaboration efforts) for planning, securing resources and execution; tracking budget data to ensure accurate forecasting; coordinating invoicing and payments; and managing the project SharePoint site/EVA Room.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, Business or other discipline with 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing, research and development or process development
- 2+ years Project Management experience in a matrix organization
- 5+ years post-educational experience working experience in biology, chemistry, engineering or related field
- 5+ years Project Management experience with a focus on global projects with a high level of technical complexity
- 5+ years’ experience working on R&D projects in a global, matrixed organization
- PMP® certification
- Adept at both navigating the complexities of a large organization and within a start-up environment
- Ability to work as an individual contributor and as part of a focused team
- Effective communication across multi-disciplinary groups
- Previous experience with viral vector manufacturing
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience
- Experience in product launch activities
- Technical understanding of biological systems including R&D, Process Development, Manufacturing, and Biotesting
- Proven understanding of project management software and platforms and willingness to expand knowledge in this area. Experience with a stage gate process
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and influence contributors across a variety of levels
- Agility, flexibility, adaptability due to shifting landscape of priorities – the job may evolve with the business need
- Previous work experience in international and multidisciplinary project teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to perform in a virtual environment and to interact effectively with staff at all levels of the organization in face to face and remote settings
- Demonstrated decision-making skills as well as strong business acumen
- Attention to detail and accuracy with respect to internal and external reporting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.