Show All Results
Operations Controller - APAC Life Science
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our around 56,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Operations Controller is the critical interface between various parts of APAC Operations organization, Business stakeholders as well as Finance and shared service operations.
Primary objective of the controller is to support financial consolidation activities in APAC and to provide deep financial insight into manufacturing performance, inventory as well as support special projects in APAC, which includes working as a key interface with various business functions.
Controller will drive continuous improvement projects primarily within the area of Financial reporting, which must include but not limited to significantly improving reporting accuracy, timely reporting of financials to APAC leadership team as well as improving reporting packages focusing on reducing nonvalue add time spent on producing financial reports.
- Consolidate financial performance of each site for APAC LT review, which includes but not limited to setting reporting schedules, organizing site reviews with controlling team, document insights into financial variance in Performance (Actual vs Forecast), identify and document risks and opportunities to provide forward looking view to APAC Leaders
- Set reporting schedules for APAC financial review, manage monthly and ad hoc financial review
- Provide financial insights Inventory development in APAC, understand key drivers and identify risk areas.
- Manage APAC manufacturing forecasts and OP process.
- Prepare DSI reports for APAC supply chain team
- Deep dive into Inventory write offs and provisions in APAC by country to identify drivers for write off (root cause analysis) and create action plans to minimize write offs
- Work with APAC team to continuously monitor our capital investment plan and identify areas that require additional focus. Manage monthly capex review process for APAC sites to ensure we are on plan and able to identify projects and reprioritize if necessary.
- Provide controlling support for APAC strategic projects and support long range planning activities
- Continuous improvement activities focusing on reporting improvements, process harmonization and business unit analytics
- Other ad hoc activities as per the business need
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance
- controlling experience of 7-9 yearsin a mid to large size multinational organisation
- Extensive experience in using SAP
- Experience in plant/manufacturing controlling is advantageous
- Work independently to solve problems
- Ability to communicate complex financial information effectively to non-finance people
- Must be able to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- someone who can think critically and exhibits following competencies: Collaborative, results-driven and future-oriented
Functional area: Finance
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com