Show All Results
Associate Scientist - Lot Release Testing
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Associate Scientist – Lot Release Testing, you will be part of the Process Solution Services team that delivers Lot Release Testing for biopharmaceutical companies across the APAC region. You will perform a wide variety of routine tasks to support GLP and GMP operations. Responsibilities include performing assays required to characterize product, laboratory housekeeping, and preparation of reagents, stock control and general equipment maintenance. The role primarily focusses on molecular biology work related to biosafety testing and will be cross trained in other functions within Lot Release Testing. You will carry out projects with the appropriate scientific and regulatory compliance, also support lab investigations. The ability to maintain effective working relationships with scientists and laboratory personnel will be critical for success in the role.
Brief role description:
- Works within the biosafety testing laboratory following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and relevant compliance regulations to ensure routine studies are completed on time and accurately recorded to meet appropriate scientific and GLP and GMP regulatory standards
- Maintains Laboratory SOP books
- Performs routine peer review of raw data records
- Maintains stock inventory in the laboratory and responsible to order consumables and reagents ensure laboratory has enough materials to perform testing
- Notify lab personnel immediately when any deviation has occurred during routine testing and acts according to instruction to raise a deviation
- Carries out routine housekeeping and equipment checks as appropriate to ensure that laboratory compliance is maintained at all times.
- Performs environmental and personnel monitoring activities, updating electronic records both promptly and accurately
- Draft and review assay report (e.g. PCR Result) for studies
- Proactively implements continuous improvements to laboratory processes and procedures in accordance with 6S principles.
Who You Are:
- Master/Bachelor in Biological Sciences or higher degree in relevant scientific subject
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a scientific laboratory role, ideally within a biologic/pharmaceutical laboratory environment
- Demonstrable scientific understanding about molecular biology, polymerase chain reaction (PCR), nucleic acid extraction and purification methods
- Handle different molecular machines
- Previous experience working in a regulated environment (GLP/GMP) would be advantageous
- Computer literacy and entry of data into databases (LIMS, ELN, SAP, etc.)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com