Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
To provide Industrial (Occupational) Hygiene, Safety & Environmental assistance to site management in the prevention of occupational injuries (and illnesses) and emissions to the environment. This position possesses most technical skills of Safety Specialists/Engineers, Environmental Specialists/Engineers and Industrial (Occupational) Hygienists. This position is dedicated to single site support.
- Assist Safety manager in the reduction of injuries and incidents.
- Assist Safety manager in ensuring compliance with environmental, occupational hygiene and safety regulatory requirements
- Ensure site personnel are competent in performing Risk Assessments and ensuring needed Risk Assessments are completed.
- Identify risk reduction methods and work with site management in implementing those methods.
- Conduct EHS related training.
- Conduct safety inspections and ensure site personnel are competent in performing safety inspections.
- Interact routinely with site management, supervision and personnel on EHS related matters.
- Prepare EHS compliance related reports and correspondence, both internally and externally (regulatory bodies).
- Ensure site is prepared for and ready to respond in the event of emergency.
- Ensure site’s EHS Management System is in place and functioning effectively to include:
- Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment & Control
- Legal and Other Requirements
- Implementation and Operation
- Structure and Responsibility
- Training, Awareness and Competence
- Consultation and Communication
- Document and Data Control
- Operational Control
- Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Checking and Corrective Action
- Performance Management and Monitoring
- Accidents, Incidents, Non-conformances, & Corrective & Preventive Action
- Records and Record Management
- Management Review
- Wear PPE including emergency response equipment.
- Walk and climb steps routinely.
- Work in ambient temperature and humidity environments.
- Perform public speaking to include meeting with and provide training for site personnel.
Who You Are:
- High School or GED equivalent
- 3+ years of EHS related experience in the chemical, specialty chemical and/or pharmaceutical industry
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental Engineering. A BS in Chemistry or other science related degree which included chemistry along with additional technical training in many of the essential job function elements may be an acceptable alternative
- ISO 14001 and 45001 program experience
- Certified Associate Industrial Hygienist (American Board of Certified Industrial Hygienist) or Associate Safety Professional (Board of Certified Safety Professionals). Comparable certifying organization within the hiring country/region would substitute.
- Knowledge of environmental compliance standards especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety standards especially pertaining to chemical manufacturing, maintenance activities and product distribution.
- Basic perimeter security methods
- Emergency preparedness and response related to; security, fire, chemical, medical and nature caused events.
- Basic principles and methods of statistical analysis.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.