Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Virology Lab Manager for our Biologics business unit, you will oversee the daily management of a wide variety of assays or tests required to characterize product or material safety. This includes supervision of supervisors, scientists, associate scientists, and/or lab technicians in each lab (4). This also includes oversight and accountability for quality of work, service delivery to clients, financial targets, and other established lab performance targets. You are responsible for the scientific integrity of technical work performed in manufacturing, and are required to ensure scientific observations, detailed workbooks and all other documentation fulfills generally accepted (GMP/GLP) professional and industry standards; and client expectations. You may have Study Management/Director responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Make final decisions on operational matters to ensure achievement of department objectives.
- Effectively deploy the resources within the laboratory and make recommendations to Director of Operations for required additional resources to facilitate the continued expansion of the business.
- Drive teams to meet revenue targets while maintaining and controlling associated budgeted expense lines.
- Drive business and quality metrics to meet company goals: delivery, right first time, repeat rate, etc.
- Ensure validation requirements are achieved for the laboratories as defined by the company’s Quality System.
- Interact with other departments including Sales, Marketing, Quality, Development Services, Orders Management, and Project Management to ensure work meets client needs and on time delivery expectations.
- Interact with other operational leaders and senior management in the organization to promote synergies between departments and more effectively utilize resources.
- Interact with global colleagues to ensure uniformity of standards and service within the company as well as drive global alignment.
- Liaise with continuous improvement and digitization project leads on process improvement efforts. Coordinate resources needed for such projects.
- Travel 10% or less, includes both domestic and international travel.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in scientific discipline with 5+ years’ experience leading biologics operations or Associates Degree with 10+ years of related experience.
- 5+ years’ experience with cGMP regulations and regulatory compliance.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and spreadsheet data analysis tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both formal and informal that have been demonstrated through presentations/seminars, oversight of projects, etc.
- Effective coaching and developmental skills for direct reports.
- Previous experience with customer facing activities.
- Willingness to work overtime or flexible shifts as needed.
- Master’s degree in scientific discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Highly collaborative and autonomous.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.