Show All Results
Director of Marketing, BAVENCIO
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Director of Marketing - BAVENCIO is responsible for marketing planning and execution of approved genitourinary (GU) indications of our main Oncology brand in the US market, while also coordinating the launch of new GU indications expected to be approved in the near term. The GU indications currently approved for BAVENCIO include advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma and second-line Urothelial Carcinoma, and a new indication for first-line Urothelial Carcinoma is awaiting approval. Depending on results of other ongoing clinical studies, other indications (such as Head and Neck cancer and Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer) may be added under the responsibility of this position as well.
You will lead a team of other marketing professionals and drive future BAVENCIO revenue, by:
- Developing and executing strategic and tactical marketing plans for advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma (aRCC), built on a foundation of deep market knowledge, HCP and patient insight; monitor effectiveness of marketing initiatives and course-correct when necessary
- Developing and executing the launch plan for first-line Urothelial Carcinoma (1L UC) in the US market, in collaboration with the Global Business Franchise leader assigned as the single point of accountability for the launch, to ensure launch readiness in advance of the FDA approval date
- Pursuing leading-edge approaches to meet customer (patient and provider) needs. Evaluate and determine best multi-channel promotional mix for brand overall and for each indication
- Developing and monitoring Operating Expense budget for BAVENCIO in both aRCC and 1L UC (Alliance and Franchise), including synergies across both indications
- Providing guidance to the US cross-functional brand team and monitoring the execution of brand-related activities
- Collaborating with Training team members on the Field Force training plan, providing direction on content and supporting the training execution
- Collaborating with Market Access & Customer Solutions team members to devise market access strategies, pricing and reimbursement plans and distribution strategy
- Collaborating with the Medical Affairs team to ensure mutual understanding of commercial and medical strategies, obtain guidance on product attributes, differentiation points, engagement of key opinion leaders and other elements required to educate the medical community on the product profile
- Collaborating with Business Excellence team to provide input for short- and long-term revenue forecasts, guide market research design and planning, and develop scorecards with key performance indicators to measure success
- Collaborating with Regulatory Affairs, Legal and Compliance team members to ensure promotional materials and all other tactics are in compliance with all laws, regulations and EMD Serono policies
- Working closely with Pfizer marketing team members as part of the EMD-Pfizer Alliance for commercializing BAVENCIO in the US, to ensure agreement and continued alignment on the plans above for BAVENCIO
You will help build and sustain a high-performance culture within the US Oncology team, as you:
- Build trust and empower cross-functional team members involved in the execution of brand plan tactics
- Ensure that all aspects of the EMD-Pfizer co-commercialization agreement are executed with a high degree of collaboration, transparency and shared responsibility
- Manage, coach and develop direct and indirect reports
- Build relationships with external stakeholders, including opinion leaders and patient groups Who you are:
• Undergraduate degree
• Minimum of 10 years pharmaceutical marketing experience
• At least 5 years oncology marketing experience in the US
• Launch experience of at least one pharmaceutical or biotech product in the US marketplace
• MBA degree is preferred
• Previous field sales experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or other related industry is desirable
• Previous sales and/or marketing experience, preferably in solid tumor oncology
• Solid understanding of the OIG and FDA regulations governing pharmaceutical marketing and the PhRMA code
• Experience working with co-promotion or co-commercialization partners is a plus
• New product planning and/or portfolio planning experience is a plus
• Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to evaluate market insights and data to shape strategies, develop plans and adapt tactics
• Results orientation with a proven track record of success for consistently meeting or exceeding sales/quantitative targets and qualitative objectives.
• Ability to access and influence various functional areas and motivate groups to action
• Leadership skills to identify/nurture talent and establish a highly engaged and highly performing team that embodies the EMD Serono culture of innovation, customer urgency and passion to win
• Business knowledge of the US commercial environment, marketing best practices/emerging approaches, oncology market access trends, the oncology clinical/scientific landscape and a working knowledge of oncology product development, regulatory and medical affairs.
• Ability to translate medical information into succinct and impactful marketing messages
• External orientation with a demonstrable ability to establish physician thought leader and other relevant stakeholder relationships
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.