Show All Results
Supervisor Manufacturing Maintenance
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Reporting directly to the Site Head of Process Engineering & Maintenance, the primary function of this position is to supervise the weekend work and performance of every employee on assigned shift to achieve team and company objectives. The successful candidate will have broad-based industrial maintenance experience, and a core skill set in Automated machinery and equipment. That experience will encompass Electrical/PLC, Robotics, Mechanical, Hydraulics/Pneumatics, Welding, Machining, Conveyor systems, etc. The working hours are 3:00PM- 11:30PM.
- Promote, support and enforce the elements of ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 as they apply to the maintenance department
- Willing to assist with any maintenance challenges and be willing to assist and learn from others in their areas of expertise
- Creates work schedules for all employees on assigned shift
- Conduct daily shift start-up meetings (Toolbox Meetings) discussing safety issues and the expected workload.
- Maintain strict adherence to company and safety policies/procedures.
- Supervises safety and environmental programs to meet regulatory and Kaiser Requirements.
- Extremely safety-oriented and participate in safety meetings and dialogs, performs Job Hazard Analysis, and performs Incident Investigations as needed to maintain the safest work environment possible
- Takes ownership of safety processes; performs maintenance safety program audits (Lockout/Tag out, Confined Space, Fall Protection, PPE, mobile equipment, etc.).
- Inform Manager of all employee or production issues as they arise.
- Directly supervises employees in the maintenance department which includes mechanics, Automation and Robotics Technicians on assigned shift
To perform the duties of the position this candidate will ensure machinery in area is safe and working optimally; maintain constant alert for hazardous conditions and practices. Responsible for equipment maintenance and reliability throughout the plant and will maintain and repair industrial machinery which includes plant equipment, piping systems, fluid power systems etc. Ability to make decisions on equipment repairs and be self-motivated. This position will troubleshoot, repair, inspect, modify, rebuild and maintain plant equipment. This candidate will have a "hands on" approach and ensure that all staff receives proper levels of training to enhance knowledge, skills, and abilities of team. Able to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process. Communicate, motivate, supervise, counsel and discipline all direct reports when necessary. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees as well as apprising performance and rewarding/disciplining and addressing complaints. Conduct annual employee performance reviews; work closely with Manager to implement wage increases. Occasionally work off shift, weekends, and holidays.
The Supervisor Manufacturing Maintenance will understand all or some of the following: electrical/electronic circuits, PLC’s, wire installation/termination, power distribution, electronics process control computers installation, AC and DC drives. Read, follow and understand electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic drawings, blueprints, schematics, code requirements, service manuals and manufacturers’ specifications. Monitors condition of equipment and makes maximum use of planned outages. Reduces MTTR (occurrence restoration), increases MTBF (between occurrences). Works with Purchasing, Maintenance, Engineering, in maintaining services for the plant. Assists in maintaining an accurate electronic backlog of all Work Requests and Work Orders, in cooperation with maintenance planners. Determines work priorities for weekly and daily maintenance schedules and assists in the coordination of maintenance activities affecting production or quality.
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 3+ years journey-level experience as a maintenance technician maintaining and repairing industrial machinery; manufacturing equipment maintenance (hydraulics, pneumatic, motors, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams & Outlook)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience in ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 environments
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma concepts and OSHA knowledge
- Previous supervisor experience
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.