Show All Results
Site Head of Operations - Madison/Verona, WI - Full relocation available
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
An exciting role has arisen to join the company as the Head of Site Operations for Madison/Verona, Wisconsin. You will plan, direct and control our multi-product manufacturing operations including staffing, organizational design and performance management of approximately 200 operations personnel. You will assure that products are manufactured and tested in accordance with all safety, quality, cGMP and applicable regulatory requirements. In partnership with commercial teams, you will work to understand customer demand to ensure capacity and resourcing is maintained to meet business strategy and client expectations. In addition, you will manage operations with continuous improvement in mind to ensure long term profitability of the business.
You will also:
- Develop & monitor financial plans (expenses, capital, absorption) with proactive management of variances to ensure business profitability
- Drive the execution of business strategy including the justification and execution of capital projects for new/replacement equipment and facilities
- Create and track metrics demonstrating successful site operations
- Ensure oversight from Quality group to trend and improve quality KPIs
- Identify and mitigate risks in manufacturing that could adversely impact project outcomes and timely delivery of product to customers
- Lead Technical operations team, to ensure activities related to technology transfer and scale-up are successful
- Ability to work independently when developing and executing plans to meet objectives
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits as needed
- Host current and potential clients, presenting operational related information
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline (Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline)
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in a leadership role for cGMP production operations within a contract manufacturing organization (CMO)
- Ability to deliver on multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Travel – Domestic/International:
- Between WI based sites approx. 15 minutes, 1 – 3x per week
- Outside of local WI area: 5-8x per year – customer visits, other site best practice sharing, training, potential for annual Global business unit meetings, etc.
- Work schedule: Primary job duties are Monday – Friday day shift, however this facility is a 24/7, multi-shift operation. Night and weekends may require attention
- Master’s degree
- Experience leading small molecule (organic synthesis) manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of SAP
- Black belt certification
Relocation assistance available
Learn more about the Madison/Verona site: www.MilliporeSigmaMadison.com
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.