Show All Results
Senior Application Scientists
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Senior Application Scientists
Job Location: 80 Ashby Road, Bedford, MA 01870
Mail resumes via USPS only to: EMD Millipore Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803 (Req # 207405)
Employer: EMD Millipore Corporation, 400 Summit Drive, Burlington, MA 01803
The Senior Application Scientist is responsible for leading and driving the development and application of new products related to next generation bioprocessing technologies. In particular, the individual will be responsible for the following job duties:
- Lead the applications development activities on PDP teams from concept through commercialization and influence product design by helping to define performance targets/NPDs, and by working on cross-functional PDP teams to develop innovative solutions to meet those requirements;
- Provide critical input to product design for integrating multiple, intensified unit operations together (e.g. Production Perfusion (n) Bioreactor with Continuous Chromatography, Virus Filtration with SPTFF etc.), support PDP activities for systems designed for seamless interoperability, and generate content for customer-facing presentation on operation of integrated systems;
- Plan, set up, and execute laboratory experiments to simulate or directly evaluate the performance of new technologies, or new product or component prototypes;
- Research literature and attend conferences to keep current with the bioprocessing end users process design targets, performance expectations, and general bioprocessing needs;
- Deliver internal and external presentations and scientific publications; and
- Lead projects and work closely with other functions including product management, marketing communication, MSAT and operation.
Travel requirement: Up to 5% domestic travel and 5% international travel required per year.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Employer requires the candidate to have a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or a closely related field and at least one year of direct product development or biomanufacturing process development experience. Additionally, the employer requires the candidate to have:
- Demonstrated ability working with filtration (NFF, TFF), chromatography, and cell culture (fed-batch and perfusion) gained through one year of work experience;
- Demonstrated knowledge of continuous bioprocessing gained through one year of work experience; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of bioprocessing manufacturing processes gained through one year of work experience.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
This position is eligible for the EMD Millipore Corporation Employee Referral Incentive Program.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.