Show All Results
Controller - Gene Editing & Novel Modalities
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Gene Editing & Novel Modalities is a new business initiative called Promise Venture within the Process Solutions division of our Life Science business. It manages a portfolio of advanced genomics technologies that is transforming how researchers discover, develop and manufacture novel, life changing therapies.
The Controller will support the Gene Editing & Novel Modalities Controlling organization and our business partners, primarily in the Genome Engineering & Modulation Franchise. You will drive a wide range of activities, from reporting, to planning/forecasting, and commentary/analysis across a broad variety of topics (e.g. Sales, Margin, Spending, CapEx, Headcount, etc.). With a focus on Product Management, you must be able to partner confidently with the business on strategic activities (e.g. building/pressure-testing the business cases that drive our R&D efforts and determine, which new products are brought to market).
The ideal candidate will be technically savvy, with backgrounds in both Finance and Life Science.
• Support business partners with financial guidance and analysis to optimize strategic decisions both short and long-term.
• Ensure budget adherence across the business by providing financial transparency to assigned areas.
• Provide monthly value-added management business performance reports to the respective teams, including detailed variance analysis.
• Implement KPI’s and standard dashboards across function and project teams
• Support the annual Operational Plan/planning process, quarterly forecasting, and the year-end provision process.
• Continually look to improve on internal processes and drive improvement initiatives across controlling and the broader finance organization.
• Willingness to take on support of other tasks as necessary.
Who you are:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 5+ years of experience.
• Strong understanding of core financial principles (and the tasks derived from them).
• Excellent communication skills and ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders across the organization.
• Positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and intuitively challenge the status quo.
• MBA or equivalent
• 8+ years of experience
• Technical skills (e.g. familiarity with Oracle/SAP and associated tools, TM1) and the ability to improve or automate fragmented/manual processes are highly preferred.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.