Show All Results
Supervisor, Materials Management
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Supervise transportation and warehouse operations, which includes establishing performance standards, monitoring employees’ performance against those standards, and appropriately communicating evaluations of performance to employees. The Supervisor is responsible for control of receiving and storage of packaging components. This position also manages and provides transportation logistic support for the St. Louis Hub facilities and 3rd party logistics warehouse partners.
Compliance with all company operating procedures and government regulations (ISO, OSHA, DEA, DOT, CFR, IATA, IMO, etc.) is essential to perform this position effectively. Coordinate with Packaging, Maintenance, Purchasing, Production, Product Safety, QA, QC, Compliance and Carriers/Freight Forwarders to resolve storage, shipping and customers concerns.
- Lead process improvement activities resulting in safety, quality, productivity and cost saving improvements.
- Manage transportation and warehouse operations by determining and communicating standards of the areas of responsibility, monitoring daily workload and adjusting resource allocations when necessary.
- Ensure all personnel are completely trained in every facet of their positions in order to maintain superior customer service and a formal rotation schedule.
- Ensure LMS training is up to date and completed monthly
- Solve problems related to unusual or difficult customer requests or situations that occur within the warehouse operations.
- Identify and implement Lean Management system or process improvements.
- Initiate, promote and actively participate in process improvement initiatives
- Empowers direct reports involved with Process Improvement projects
- Ensures the continual improvement of Warehousing operations
- Utilize process improvement and lane manufacturing concepts and principals
- Research and recommend equipment including capital improvement projects. Provides financial justification to support these projects
- Enforces company safety, work and housekeeping standards. Evaluates processes and methods, recommends and implements measures to improve safety. Ensure employees are trained on safe handling of hazardous chemicals
- Ensure all bulk chemicals conform to legal requirements for storage, and shipping of hazardous materials (DOT, 49 CFR, IATA and IMO) as well as corporate.
- Recognize and initiate near miss and observation reports. Complete accident/incident investigation reports within required time frames
- Audit for compliance to procedures, rules and regulations. Provide feedback for both safe and unsafe actions
- Develops and maintains training documents and SOPs in assigned areas
- Communicates with internal customers on special handling and storage requirements and responds to corrective action requests immediately
- Trains employees and maintains corporate quality systems including ISO registration
- Represents department during internal and external audits
- Ensures the correct components are received, stored and shipped to meet customer’s expectations and in compliance with all applicable regulations
- Works with Packaging Engineers and Packaging department to provide safe and cost-effective packaging options
- Operate powered material handling equipment currently used at all work sites
- Lift, push, pull or otherwise move a minimum of 50 lbs
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, or related discipline with 3+ years of progressive experience in warehousing or logistics environments OR High School Diploma or GED with 5+ years of progressive experience in warehousing or logistics environments
- 3+ years of experience working with warehouse management software such as SAP WM, SAP IM, or related ERP systems
- 3+ years of experience working Microsoft Office Suite applications: Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Current DOT/IATA certification OR ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
- Good leadership skills and organizational skills
- Strong math skills including unit of measure conversion
- OSHA approved forklift training
- Manage, motivate, and develop employees
- Time management skills
- Problem solving capabilities
- Good communication skills, verbal and non-verbal, listening and written
- General knowledge of Lean Management and Process Improvement techniques
- Ability to train staff on new or existing processes and/or procedures
- Understanding of overall Supply Chain operations
- Knowledge of hazardous chemical and GMP storage, and shipping regulations
- Advance PC operation, working knowledge of word processing, and spreadsheet software
- Advance SAP knowledge
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.