Show All Results
Materials Scientist, Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
At MilliporeSigma, the Materials Scientist/Engineer will develop scaffolds to facilitate cell differentiation and add structure to cell-based products for the emerging “Cultured meat” field. You will be responsible for leading, designing and executing biomaterials development projects for various food-relevant species. This hands-on position will additionally engineer scaffolding materials into culture devices and develop test methods to evaluate integrity and performance. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a broad group of technical and non-technical personnel, including both internal and external collaborators. This position will be based in the Greater Boston area. Responsibilities include:
- Design, set-up and execution of biomaterials and fabrication experiments
- Collaborate with cell biologists to establish culture protocols for prototype testing
- Gather, review and present internally on cultured meat industry trends in biomaterials from news, conferences and scientific literature
- Drive projects with external collaborators to advance biomaterials understanding in the context of cultured meat manufacturing process
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Engineering or related discipline along with 5+ years of work experience in biomaterials related field, or a master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Engineering or related discipline along with 3+ years of work experience in biomaterials related field.
- Advanced degree in Chemistry, Materials Engineering or related discipline with 5+ years relevant industrial experience.
- Understanding of biopolymeric materials and manufacturing techniques.
- Solid experience and theoretical knowledge of different analysis techniques including microscopy, chemical analysis and strength of materials.
- Strong statistical analysis, familiarity with design of experiment (DoE) approaches, and experimental design skills.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of downstream bioprocessing, particularly in the area of membrane-based devices.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and process development activities such as qualification, validation, FMEA and design for manufacturing is desirable.
- Ability to appropriately communicate with external partners and internal leadership, including non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple tasks.
- Meticulous lab techniques, flexibility, innovation and creativity.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.