Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment, buildings and utility systems associated with cGMP viral vector manufacturing. This position is a working supervisory role that will perform, administer and coordinate a wide variety of tasks in management and procurement of services and supplies, for administrative office, manufacturing and laboratory space for multiple facilities. The maintenance Supervisor also possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of requirements for a GLP, cGMP and cleanroom environments.
- Ensure preventative maintenance work is completed during scheduled period
- Establish and maintain an on-call rotation for Maintenance technicians to ensure response to alarm notifications within one hour
- Establish and maintain a schedule for performance of daily facility and utility inspections
- Review and maintain daily inspection reports
- Routinely review utility trends and create trend reports for quarterly management review
- Review, approve and assign requested work activities for facilities and equipment maintenance and repair
- Coordinate maintenance and repair activities with all departments
- Ensure timely completion of request deliverables
- Generate work request and PM metrics
- Supervise and assist in facilities service functions including:
- Office and Systems Furniture Installations/Modifications
- Office Moves
- Personnel Occupancy and Space Planning
- Special Events, Training and Conference Room Staging
- Access control requests and changes
- Supervise and perform as needed, the creation and revision of standard operating procedures in order to maintain cGMP compliance and efficiency
- Supervise and perform as needed, employee training
- Provide leadership and career development for technicians
- Perform complex tasks with attention to detail
- Maintain environmental, health and safety compliance
- Perform moderately physical activity
- May be exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma OR GED
- 5+ years of experience in facility operations or equipment maintenance
- Experience in facility operations or equipment maintenance in a regulated environment
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory or lead technician role
- 4+ years of vocational training i.e., Mechanical, Electrical, Control Systems
- Experience with HVAC, Chilled Water Systems, Heating Hot Water Systems; Building Management Systems; Purified Water Systems, WFI, Clean Steam; Boilers and Steam Distribution Systems; Clean Compressed Air and Lab Gas Systems; Emergency Generators and Electrical Distribution; Security and Access Control Systems; Fire/Life Safety Systems; Boiler Water Chemistry Control; Programmable Controllers
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills, i.e., Word, Excel, CMMS
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.