Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The position will support all laboratory functions, as well as sample analysis through several tests procedures. You will have experience with bacteriophage assays and methodologies and working with host bacteria. You will perform daily quality control testing and report results to manufacturing. This position will assist in the development of production standards to meet quality specifications and may recommend procedural changes. The Quality Technician will help maintain the Microbiology Lab in audit-ready and cGMP compliant manner at all times. Monitor equipment and instrumentation used on a daily basis to ensure proper operation and calibration. Fast paced, multi-disciplinary team environment. The working hours are 4:30PM to 1:00AM.
- Lifting up to 25lbs
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks including frequent hand to finger manipulations
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years’ experience working in a Quality control and cGMP environment
- Previous experience in Microbiology field
- Demonstrated excellent organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to manage time efficiently, multitask and work with teammates in a multi-shift operation
- Ability to read and follow SOPs and Participates in the construction and/or revision of SOPs
- Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms
- Ability to read and interpret technical data
- Ability to evaluate methods and procedures to determine how they might be improved
- Ability to work in laboratory Biosafety Level 2 environment
- Participates in Laboratory and/or Quality Investigations
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.