Show All Results
Masterthesis Advance Cell Culture Thechnologies (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Advanced Cell Culture Technologies group at our company are seeking a student interested in undertaking a biotechnology-focused multidisciplinary Masters project. The student should come from either a primary biology-based background, willing to learn some chemistry, or vice-versa. The project will focus on testing the functionality of potential new cell culture media components, being derivatives of a hydrophobic molecule with enhanced aqueous solubility.
The project will involve several of the following:
- Culturing cells in suspension, and cryopreservation of cells
- Testing of cellular properties to quantify success of culture conditions
- Preparation of samples for analytic chemical testing
- Spectroscopic analytic measurements and Data analysis
- Development and application of a qPCR method for virus testing
The student will receive training in all laboratory techniques, and is expected to have background in the following:
- Accurate recording of scientific methodology and data
- Knowledge of the fundamental theory in organic chemistry and cell biology
- Scientific writing in English
- Use of basic Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.