Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This position serves as a product information steward by analyzing, coordinating and implementing content strategies for Chemistry products and product groups.
It supports the Chemistry group's efforts as assigned to meet the department, strategic business unit, and company objectives.
- Product Information Review and Validation
- Must have advanced experience working in MS Excel, including demonstrated use of filters, conditional formatting, pivot tables and formulas
- Chemical Structure and IUPAC Naming knowledge
- Use of Chemdraw Ultra software to draw structures to corporate conventions and validate name
- Organic chemistry background. Some Inorganic chemistry helpful.
- Attention to detail, ability to identify and correct errors in structures, names, molecular formulas
- CAS number review for correct assignment to product structure and name
- Create/update entries in new product process management systems
- Review systems and databases to find necessary information to populate data fields in new product process management systems
- Populate data from new product process management systems into the respective operating systems across multiple functional areas, some areas requiring the use of a matrices to determine the data that will be populated
- Manage time ,workflow queues and product progress to achieve desired cycle times
- Have a thorough knowledge of key data fields utilized in each system.
- Quickly identify situations that require escalation, identify root causes and take appropriate corrective actions.
Who you are:
Education: Post Graduation degree in Chemistry from reputed university.
Desirable: 3+ years of professional experience with proven problem solving and analytic skills
Desirable: Laboratory experience within academia or the pharmaceutical/chemical industry
Desirable: Good knowledge of chemistry product lines: reagents, catalysts, building blocks, etc.
Technical Skills / Competencies:
1. Chemistry/ Biochemistry- Basic proficiency expected
- Subject knowledge (structure-property correlation of chemicals understanding).
- Should be able to apply subject knowledge to all our products.
- Good understanding of the principles and techniques used in research chemistry, to allow for the interpretation of chemistry literature and terminology.
- Search engine knowledge. Structure File Preparation for batch loading
Knowledge of molecular file formats including .cdx (ChemDraw file extension), .mol (MDL Molfile file extension), and smiles strings (a line notation using short ASCII strings).
- Microsoft Access knowledge - to include creating and running custom queries and macros.
- Understanding of linked tables in Access.
- ChemDraw, MDL ISIS draw or other structure drawing program knowledge.
- Familiarity in working in the command line.
- Familiarity in working with FTP software (ex. FileZilla).
- Familiarity with running Oracle SQL queries in PL/SQL Developer is suggested
- Familiarity with running queries in MDL ISIS base (needed for the MDL matching process and in creating the SIAL and Discovery PR ISIS databases)
- Analyze, interpret and maintain product information (such as nomenclature, physical property
data, product references and application data), following direction from Product Management and the e-Business team.
- Manage global change database (GCD) requests for the Product Information department,
Ensuring accuracy and consistency of product information in various systems, like Corpbase.
- Help organize and maintain the product lines by regularly updating the Online Product Catalog (OPC) and other marketing nodes on the website.
- Maintain technical expertise of product information systems.
- Support production of electronic and print publications.
2. SAP user knowledge – Basic Proficiency expected
- Some Basics of SAP
- Ability to perform right search as per requirement
- Should be able to enter data in the system with all the required parameters, under supervision from experts
3. Microsoft Office- Basic Proficiency expected
- Computer operating knowledge.
- Familiar with internet and email.
- Intermediate/Advanced proficiency of MS Word, MS Excel and Power point.
4. Problem Solving Skills - Basic Proficiency expected
- Knowledge of assessment skills.
- Knowledge of how a situation deviates from the norm or a standard.
5. Behavioral Competencies:
- Limited proficiency in Interpersonal skills, Problem solving, Planning & execution, Customer orientation, Business acumen and Impactful communication
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com