Show All Results
Director, Patient Insights and Advocacy U.S. (Neurology and Immunology)
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Director, Patient Insights and Advocacy US (Neurology and Immunology) is responsible for development and implementation of strategic engagement/relationship and collaborations with patient advocacy organizations, provider organizations, and other external non-government stakeholders to drive initiatives that promote the awareness, development, and accessibility of EMD Serono therapies. You will be supporting development and execution of a US strategy to achieve priorities with external stakeholders relevant to our portfolio and corporate position; Serving as liaison with external non-government stakeholders and facilitating collaboration with such groups by other functions; working with Commercial, Medical, R&D, and other functions to ensure that priorities and investments with external non-governmental stakeholders align with the company’s overarching business goals; and managing a budget to accomplish advocacy objectives. You will have oversight and/or management for key stakeholder collaboration/projects and programs. You will report to the Head, Global Patient Insights and Advocacy, with a secondary report into the Head, US Government Affairs and Policy. You will leverage investment at key medical meetings and congresses by the Commercial and Medical team(s) to advance advocacy and stakeholder engagement objectives.
You will oversee program development with key patient, professional, disease and consumer group and be responsible for appropriate pull through and engagement with various functions within the US organization. You will serve as ambassador to, and build goodwill with, key external non-government stakeholders (e.g., National Multiple Sclerosis Society, MSAA, CAN DO MS, etc.) through personal relationship building at leadership and staff levels.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate Degree
- English mandatory
- Minimum of 7 years in healthcare industry, including advocacy relations, public policy, government affairs, or similar experience
- Experience working with patient advocacy organizations
- Experience staffing senior leadership in external engagement
- Ability to serve as company ambassador with senior representatives of external stakeholders
- Experience working with global colleagues
- Strong understanding of EMD Serono therapeutic areas – especially MS – including stakeholder environment and key business, medical, research, and policy trends
- Working understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development process, US healthcare delivery system, and the reimbursement landscape for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and hospital and physician services
- Ability to initiate and maintain partnerships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work cross-functionally to identify and prioritize company goals to accomplish with patient/physician groups
- Ability to develop strategies and execute tactical plans to advance company priorities in the government and/or stakeholder realm
- Outstanding oral, written, budgeting, and communication skills with the ability to present to small and large groups and deal with unexpected questions and challenges while presenting
- Normal and routine office duties
- Able to travel 25-30%, mostly domestic
- Master’s Degree
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.