Show All Results
Director, Patient Insights and Advocacy US (Oncology)
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Director, Patient Insights and Advocacy US (Oncology) is responsible for development and implementation of strategic engagement/relationship and collaborations with patient advocacy organizations, provider organizations, and other external non-government stakeholders to drive initiatives that promote the awareness, development, and accessibility of EMD Serono therapies.
Accountability for supporting development and execution of a US strategy to achieve priorities with external stakeholders relevant to our portfolio and corporate position; Serving as liaison with external non-government stakeholders and facilitating collaboration with such groups by other functions; working with Commercial, Medical, R&D, and other functions to ensure that priorities and investments with external non-governmental stakeholders align with the company’s overarching business goals; and managing a budget to accomplish advocacy objectives. Accountability for oversight and/or management for key stakeholder collaboration/projects and programs. You will report to the Head, Global Patient Insights and Advocacy, with a secondary report into the Head, US Government Affairs and Policy. You will develop an integrated strategic advocacy plan that meets EMD Serono’s therapeutic area, business, and policy objectives and priorities in the US. You will oversee program development with key patient, professional, disease and consumer groups: responsible for appropriate pull through and engagement with various functions within the US organization. You will liaise with key patient groups on policy priorities relevant for EMD Serono. You’ll also serve as ambassador to, and build goodwill with, key external non-government stakeholders (e.g., American Cancer Society, National Comprehensive Cancer Network, etc.) through personal relationship building at leadership and staff levels.
Who you are:
- Undergraduate Degree required
- English fluency
- Minimum of 7 years in healthcare industry, including advocacy relations, public policy, government affairs, or similar experience
- Experience working with patient advocacy organizations
- Experience staffing senior leadership in external engagement
- Ability to serve as company ambassador with senior representatives of external stakeholders
- Experience working with global colleagues
- Strong understanding of EMD Serono therapeutic areas – especially oncology – including stakeholder environment and key business, medical, research, and policy trends
- Working understanding of pharmaceutical business, drug development process, US healthcare delivery system, and the reimbursement landscape for pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and hospital and physician services
- Ability to initiate and maintain partnerships with key external stakeholders
- Ability to work cross-functionally to identify and prioritize company goals to accomplish with patient/physician groups
- Ability to develop strategies and execute tactical plans to advance company priorities in the government and/or stakeholder realm
- Normal and routine office duties
- Masters’ Degree
- Fluency in languages other than English is an asset
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.