Show All Results
Quality Control Chemist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role is responsible for the laboratory testing of Raw Materials, In-Process, Manufactured, and Packaged materials that are delivered to the Quality Control Lab. They are responsible for safely executing analysis and waste disposal. This employee is required to ensure the accuracy of documentation required by the local quality system. They also work closely with department supervision and senior analysts to ensure the departmental tasks are completed accurately and right the first time.
- Utilize written procedures to perform routine testing
- Work in accordance with current procedures and demonstrate proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices
- This role will be responsible for working 2nd and/or 3rd shift post-training
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry or another life science discipline
- 2+ years of work experience using instrumentation used in chemical analysis, such as FT-IR, UV-Vis, Karl Fischer, pH
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic computer software
- Good documentation practices
- Perform daily functions with integrity and is reliable dependent team member
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to perform job functions
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.