Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Your role: Reporting to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager, the EHS Engineer will maintain full compliance for the Cork site under the SEVESO Regulations and IE Licence. You will be responsible for leading and implementing high EHS standards and influencing a proactive EHS operating culture.
- Interpreting all regulatory changes and provide guidance and direction to Cork site operations to ensure full compliance with Health and Safety legislation and OHSAS 18001 Standard.
- Provide EHS support to an assigned operational area to ensure compliance with Regulatory (IE licence & lower tier SEVESO site) and corporate Environmental Health and Safety requirements.
- Maintain and continuously improve EHS Management systems to meet OHSAS18801 and ISO14001 international standards.
- Maintain appropriate records on file in relation to EHS Management systems
- Work closely with the EHS team and Operational Area Managers/Supervisors to continue development and implementation of EHS strategies to realize the vision of a “injury/incident free workplace”
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve a proactive EHS operating culture. Promote the culture where all colleagues report near miss/unsafe conditions/unsafe behaviours.
- Educate colleagues to increase their knowledge and awareness of EHS by developing and delivering training and communication presentations
- EHS assessment/ approval of all process and equipment changes
- Provide information and reports to Regulatory Authorities and Corporate as required
- Compile EHS metrics and KPIs data/ trending for Corporate EHS and site Management
- Involvement in Corporate Responsibility/ Sustainability goals
- Attending and representing EHS Department at specific operational meetings
- Leading specific EHS Projects and Initiatives as required.
Who you are:
- Science/ Engineering related Degree, or equivalent.
- Higher Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety, Process Safety Qualification or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience within a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Life Science or Pharmaceutical experience is desirable. Medical device experience would be beneficial.
- Leadership & organizational skills with ability to influence and motivate colleagues to achieve high performance
- Highly motivated with a passion for EHS to continuously improve EHS performance by implementing new and innovative ideas.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Competent user of Microsoft packages.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.