Show All Results
Quality Control Microbiology Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Quality Control Microbiology Department at this site supports quality functions for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) under Good Manufacturing Practice guidelines (ICHQ7).
The Quality Control Scientist is responsible for overseeing and leading microbiological investigations including but not limited to Non-conformance deviations, CAPA, and OOS investigations associated with in-process and release Bacterial Endotoxin Test, Bioburden tests, and Environmental monitoring. samples. The QC Scientist must demonstrate strong technical knowledge, be familiar with Scientific/regulatory principles, possess initiative, and maintain a strong commitment to scientific excellence.
- Manage Microbiology department’s CAPA, OOS and Deviation trends
- Lead and perform QC microbiological deviation investigations to adequately identify root cause and assign appropriate corrective and preventative actions (CAPAs) to prevent recurrence
- Lead and write out-of-specification (OOS/ out-of-trend (OOT) investigations
- Interact with the production and laboratory personnel to ensure adequate Root Cause is identified.
- Work within various internal departments to improve and execute processes used in an ICHQ7 environment
- Documentation Control: write, review, and approve Operating Procedures, Specifications, and other QC controlled documents
- Occasionally support and perform detailed data review for test results on assays such as Bioburden, Endotoxin, and Environmental Monitoring, generated by the QC microbiology department for compliance with cGMP, internal OPs and Specifications to support production, stability studies and lab operation.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology or Biology or another life science discipline
- 5+ years of Microbiology experience within a cGMP environment
- 5+ years of work experience in pharmaceuticals, biologics, microbiology, or aseptic manufacturing
- 1+ years of experience in reviewing microbiological assays and/or environmental monitoring data in a cGMP Quality Control lab
- 1+ years of experience working with ICH Q7
- Master’s degree in Microbiology or Biology highly preferred
- Experience in Biologics or drug product testing is preferred.
- Current API (Biologics/bioorganic) knowledge and/or experience desired.
- Knowledge of 21CFR210 and ICH Q7.
- Experience in USP<61>, USP<85>, EP pharmacopeia requirements.
- Experience using RCA tools such as Fishbone, 5Whys, and pareto charts
- Experience in Aseptic manufacturing Environmental monitoring
- Experience in execution of OOS/OOT investigations, CAPA and non-conformance deviations
- Good computer skills, including proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and the ability to learn and operate other specific application software, required
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer interface skills
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing technical documentation and reports
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.