Show All Results
Principal Scientist, API Continuous Flow R&D
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Principal Scientist, API Continuous Flow R&D is a leadership and laboratory position in the R&D organization responsible for the implementation of continuous flow inside the API contract manufacturing segment of MilliporeSigma. The primary activities for this position will be building an API flow chemistry team, introducing the equipment and technologies required to make API flow development successful, and overseeing the development and transfer of API flow processes culminating in successful drug substance manufacturing.
Essential Job Functions:
- Implement flow chemistry R&D inside the API Life Science business
- Build and lead a team of continuous flow scientists and engineers
- Introduce equipment and infrastructure required to make API continuous flow manufacturing successful
- Identify continuous flow manufacturing possibilities inside the API portfolio
- Manage flow projects and initiatives, meeting identified objectives within the targeted budget(s) inside the MilliporeSigma product and technology development processes
- Develop flow processes suitable for efficient manufacturing in a GMP environment
- Provide qualified technical guidance to junior R&D and Operations staff members
- Demonstrate clear initiative, risk-taking, and creativity
- Champion the implementation of newly innovative flow technologies
- Interact well with other functional units (Marketing, Commercial, Process Development, Analytical Development, Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Safety, Quality, and Regulatory Affairs) to advance flow and department objectives
- Work in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry or MS in Engineering
- Minimum 5 years industry experience
- Managerial experience is a plus
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.