Show All Results
Associate Director, HIV Field Medical, US Medical Affairs
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will have responsibility for serving as the internal medical expert in this area, as well as cultivating and maintaining collaborative relationships through clinically/scientifically focused interactions with key opinion leaders and community healthcare providers (HCPs) in the US HIV Health Care Professional community. These relationships will build awareness of HIV associated wasting disease state and treatment options, as well as our company’s scientific leadership in the field.
You will command a comprehensive understanding of HIV associated wasting disease state and the HIV associated wasting therapeutic landscape (including growth hormone). You will also have clinical experience in treating HIV associated wasting. The Associate Director, Field Medical (HIV) will develop strategic medical plans, including goals, strategies, and tactics for related to HIV associated wasting. These will be informed by insights gathered from his/her HCP interactions. You will develop and execute on the medical tactics specified in the plan—delivering on time, on target, and on budget. He/she will also contribute to strategic planning and provide scientific and medical oversight in support of commercial colleagues working in HIV associated wasting. This may include responsibilities for medical review of materials intended for promotional use. You will be proactive and demonstrate strong cross-functional leadership.
The US Medical Affairs group is responsible for Phase IV, Investigator Sponsored Studies (ISSs), and real-world data generation studies. The Associate Director, Field Medical (HIV) may be asked to contribute medical expertise during the development and execution of these studies.
Who You Are:
- M.D., P.A, or N.P., ideally with clinical experience treating individuals living with HIV and HIV associated wasting (approximately 5+ years)
- Driven to achieve results on time, on budget
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and cross-functionally in a fast-paced, team-oriented global environment
- Adept at cultivating business relationships
- Expert verbal presenter with experience in scientific/clinical presentations
- Excellent written and spoken communication in English
- Experience working with personnel who have varied technical and educational backgrounds at all organizational levels—externally and internally
- Excellent people and people leadership skills
- High level of collaboration and influencing skills
- 70% travel within the US, occasional travel to international HIV congresses
- 3+ years in pharmaceutical industry Medical Affairs preferred, but related clinical research and patient care/investigational site experience may be considered
- Candidate to be located on the West Coast
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.