Show All Results
Senior Global Windows & Virtualisation Engineer
A career in our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
- Lead infrastructure design & scoping to meet business demand or IT improvements.
- Drive IT architecture strategy and technology evaluations.
- Responsible for the planning, installing or upgrading physical and virtual infrastructure to meet capacity demand.
- Responsible for driving & delivering Technical Roadmap and standardization within Hosting.
- Proactively work with other IT technical support teams to resolve incident and problems tickets.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support for troubleshooting and resolving deep technical issues within the virtualization & Windows platform aligning with Infrastructure standards & SLAs.
- Ensure the platform is configured, tuned and maintained to meet performance requirements.
- Performs the full lifecycle management including analysis, design, implementation, integration and maintenance of the virtualization infrastructure.
- Lead initiative to automate and streamline approaches to infrastructure tasks.
Who you are:
- Minimum of 5 Years' Experience in a deep technical Support Position
- A strong background in defining and delivering complex solutions
- Extensive knowledge in Windows OS technologies
- Excellent knowledge hardware (HP/Dell/IBM/Cisco).
- Experience in architecting infrastructure solutions at a global level.
- Extensive experience in delivering Project demand from Design through to execution phase.
- Excellent knowledge of Virtualisation technologies VMware, vSphere/HyperV including hyperconvergence solutions.
- Good Knowledge of technologies including PowerShell scripting and Powershell DSC.
- Strong analytical & troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes and tools.
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!