Show All Results
Global Hosting IT Automation Engineer
A career in our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 52,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
This position will focus primarily on Infrastructure as Code development process and DevOps frameworks.
Detailed, hands on experience in Windows PowerShell scripting methodologies and the ability to leverage that platform to craft new scripting solutions and to troubleshoot and maintain existing ones.
- Extensive experience with PowerShell Desired State Configuration including
- DSC Resource Creation
- DSC Concepts and usage
- DSC Templates and Roles
- Experience with Windows Patching and Vulnerability management and the use of PowerShell to query, identify and resolve vulnerabilities in infrastructure.
- Experience and understanding of Infrastructure as Code concepts and principles and how to apply them to a widespread and varied IT landscape.
- Experience in Sprint Work methodologies and release cycles.
- Experience and Familiarity with Infrastructure technologies like Windows Server, VMWare ESX, Active Directory and other on-prem infrastructure components
- Ability to use collaboration tools – MS Teams, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills; ability to develop strategic on-going customer relationships, gain trust and respect for the company. Engineers must also possess strong technical writing, presentation and training skills. Focus should be toward User Experience in all things.
- Enjoy teamwork, and actively contribute to their own team as well as other teams and end users that we interact with.
- An understanding of the importance of Change Control and other similar methodologies.
Who you are:
The Infrastructure as Code role requires depth knowledge in a number of the following technology areas:
- Infrastructure as Code
- Script Development in Windows PowerShell 5.1 and greater
- PowerShell DSC
- PowerShell Function and Module creation
- Pester Testing Framework
- Azure DevOps Pipelines, Artifacts, Repos, Test Cases
- Experience with core collaboration tools – MS Teams, Confluence
- Fundamental system knowledge – Windows Server, ESX Products
- Fundamental foundational knowledge – Networking/Systems Administration
What we offer: In our company, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!