Show All Results
Head of Talent Solutions, Life Science
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Head of Talent Solutions, Life Science, is a critical member of the Life Science Sector HR Leadership Team and reports to the Vice President of Life Science HR. In this capacity, the Head of Talent Solutions is responsible for leading a team of talent consultants to set the talent strategy, and develop, execute and monitor talent initiatives in support of the global Life Science business, a highly diverse and dynamic business in high growth markets, with 20,000+ employees operating in 60+ countries.
You are accountable for leading strategic talent management for the Life Science Sector as follows:
- In partnership with VP, Life Science HR, serve as primary interface to Life Science CEO and Leadership Team for all talent-related topics.
- Build a bench strength of highly capable talents (internal/external) for business-critical roles, leveraging complex and dynamic information from a diverse range of internal and external sources in response to business challenges and in line with innovation, growth and talent pipeline demands.
- Identify critical (future) capability gaps in the organization and implement actions to close them through the entire range of HR tools and programs, e.g. Strategic Workforce Planning.
- Manage internal/external recruitment for Executive positions within Sector.
- Direct key Sector-specific projects / topics with Life Science level impact.
- Design and lead forward-thinking talent management initiatives that increase the talent pipeline (e.g. talent conferences, special mentoring programs).
In addition, you will partner with and leverage the broader organization, upholding the HR Portfolio and Strategic Talent Management principles:
- Ensure self and team collaborate and align with all relevant HR organizations and stakeholders (e.g. Corporate HR design and governance teams, Country HR, HR Sector Business Partners) on sector-specific needs.
- Assess need, impact, develop business case and represent talent initiatives that require support of additional HR resources via HR Portfolio process.
- Drive and support the potential & succession management strategy, including succession planning for business-critical roles, identification of high potential employees and future board members, etc.
- Continuously enhance the capabilities of senior leadership through partnership and targeted talent programs, establishing credibility and sound rationale to build their emotional commitment to ownership of people topics.
- Leverage matrix by routinely sharing knowledge and best practices with HR Talent Solution peers in other business sectors.
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in business administration, psychology, HR or equivalent.
- 10+ years’ experience in talent, recruiting and/or relevant business field.
- Excellent communicator, with experience in consulting, engaging and influencing senior business leaders.
- Profound experience in leading large, global, strategically important projects, as well as related tools and procedures.
- Analytical and data-driven, with ability to integrate complex data into insights to create future-focused, high-impact people strategies.
- Ability to think strategically and bring innovation to the organization.
- Highly flexible, agile and effective at leading and delivering on business imperatives in a high-change, high-growth environment.
- International experience required, ideally having lived and/or worked abroad.
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills, with ability to work in a highly matrixed environment.
- Graduate degree in business administration, psychology, HR or equivalent.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.