Show All Results
Manufacturing Technician III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Move materials, supplies and equipment in and out of department.
- Receive materials, supplies or equipment and place in proper storage locations.
- Assist in maintaining adequate stock levels of materials and supplies available for use.
- Manage manufacturing waste removal and request waste transfers
- Transport chemicals and equipment to and from processes. Includes using transfer systems such as pumps and piping or fork trucks, pallet jacks or dollies.
- Perform designated processing such as resin regeneration, meat grinding, extractions, chromatography, analytical work, dryer loading/unloading, or other processing as needed.
- Clean and store equipment
- Identify malfunctions in equipment operation and, with appropriate approval, take corrective actions, such as reconfiguring equipment, adjustment of set points or adjusting operating parameters.
- Set up equipment to perform a variety of unit operations, both solitary and in combinations.
- Start, operate and stop unit operations utilizing manual, automatic or computer-controlled systems
- Assure adequate training and documentation required to perform the tasks/assignments.
- Contribute to support functions of the group such as maintaining equipment, preparing reagents, restocking lab supplies and waste disposal
- Communicate status of tasks or operations by means such as labels, inventories, order requests or oral reports.
- Maintain neat, legible and current records of supplies or materials received, handled, etc.
- Report deviations and any unusual situations to supervision.
- Provide a complete and accurate batch record at the conclusion of production operations consistent with quality guidelines.
- Assist improvement of department’s knowledge through communication of experiences, observations and techniques with others.
- Enter hours worked into SAP
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Document all equipment used and verify calibrations were performed.
- Always follow procedures and safety policies; which includes following industry or government guidelines such as Process Safety Management (PSM) or Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Be familiar with hazards common to assigned work and take action to correct unsafe situations.
- Clean equipment and work area in compliance with established cleaning OP’s and quality systems.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Participate in mandatory safety and or compliance activities such as training sessions, safety meetings or safety inspections.
- Follow policies and procedures in order to guarantee production groups and outside vendors receive information and materials conforming to their expectations in support of current quality systems.
- Assist with the training of co-workers.
- Push, pull, and or lift up to 80lbs
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent
- 2+ Years of experience within a chemical handling, chemical processing, or laboratory environment
- Experience in a manufacturing or production environment.
- Basic laboratory skills
- Basic knowledge of chemistry and math
- Strong practical knowledge of the relevant production equipment, analytical equipment and techniques
- Safe chemical handling methods
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic PC operations
- Mechanical skills
- Trouble shooting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of ISO quality standards
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.