Show All Results
Principal Analytical Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is building a new Novel Modalities R&D depart to support cutting edge APIs in the pharma industry. With this new team, we will develop and provide the manufacturing platform for life saving drugs.
Your Role: Reporting directly into the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the Principal Scientist will work to develop analytical methods for bioconjugates and/or RNA liposomes. You will drive innovation for R&D activities securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology and product platforms wherever suitable. You will be responsible for identifying optimized solutions while considering newest scientific data sources and your interactions with the scientific community. You will also be responsible for staying updated on product and industry knowledge as well as “best-in-class” analytical technologies. Additional responsibilities include:
- Leading the development efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of bioconjugation and liposomes.
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines.
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and operations.
- Established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth.
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
Who You Are:
- BS with 8+ years’ experience, MS with 3+ years, or PhD. Degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or other related scientific discipline
- Analytical development experience with bioconjugation or liposomes in an R&D environment
- Hands one experience with HPLC, GC and /or particle characterization instrument
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as experience with advanced data analysis and/or statistical software systems.
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of ADC or liposomes industry experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong ability to work in global and multicultural environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to train and coach employees. Proven ability to lead a team in technical excellence and project completion.
- Experience in CMO or CRO
- Working experience in cGMP/GLP, knowledgeable about ICH and FDA guidelines
- Experience with gene therapeutic is a plus.
- Prior supervisory experience or team management experience highly preferred
- Hands on experience in analytical method development and method transfer
- Desire to translate new science into new technologies and the ambition to succeed in an innovation driven environment.
- Automation (medium to high-throughput) experience in analytical is highly desirable.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.