Show All Results
Senior Process Scientist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
MilliporeSigma is building a new Novel Modalities R&D department to support cutting edge APIs in the pharma industry. With this new team, we will develop and provide the manufacturing platform for life saving drugs.
We are hiring a Senior Process Scientist for our newly created Novel Modalities R&D organization. Reporting to the Head of Novel Modalities R&D, the Senior Process Scientist will develop innovative manufacturing technologies for either bioconjugates (such as ADCs) or RNA liposomes.
- Lead the development efforts to deliver project milestones on-time and on-quality
- Understand challenges in the contract manufacturing industry and work to ensure MilliporeSigma is on the cutting edge of bioconjugation and liposomes
- Identify optimized solutions considering newest scientific data sources and interact with the scientific community in the areas of interest. Keep updated on product and industry knowledge and “best-in-class” manufacturing technologies
- Demonstrate attention to detail in the planning, execution and documentation of experimental work
- Drive implementation of digital tools and solutions in the development and manufacturing disciplines
- Establish a team-based approach with other internal organizations, such as marketing, sales, PAD, QC and operations
- Drive innovation for R&D activities securing IP for internal MilliporeSigma technology and product platforms whenever suitable
- Established relationships in the industry that provide access to direct customer feedback and creates opportunities for world-class responsiveness and innovative growth
- Deliver timely and comprehensive written and oral communications to both internal and external stakeholders
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Biology or other related Scientific discipline with 5+ years laboratory experience
- 3+ years’ experience with bioconjugation or liposomes
- 3+ years of R&D experience
- 3+ years’ experience with process instruments
- PhD with 3+ years or Master’s degree with 5+ years of ADC or liposomes industry experience
- Experience in CMO or CRO
- Working experience in cGMP/GLP, knowledgeable about ICH and FDA guidelines
- Experience with gene therapeutic is a plus
- Proficient in the modern pharmaceutical R&D and innovative manufacturing technologies for bioconjugates or liposomes. Experience with single use technologies is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead a team in technical excellence, project completion and people development.
- Hands on experience in technology transfer and scale-up to manufacturing process in the contract manufacturing industry
- Desire to translate new science into new therapeutic technologies and the ambition to succeed in an innovation driven environment.
- Automation (medium to high-throughput) experience in synthetic setting is highly desirable.
- Experience in process analytical technologies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in global and multicultural environment
- Ability to train employees
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as experience with advanced data analysis and/or statistical software systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.