Show All Results
Bag Making Supervisor - D shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Make bag supervisor, you will oversee the bag making process on D-shift. Your team consists of 15-25 employees. You are responsible for driving team safety, quality, engagement, and productivity metrics to achieve site goals. To be successful in this role, you are a leader, a strong communicator (both verbal and written), effective performance manager, proactive, highly organized, and a champion of safety and quality culture. Additionally, you are an excellent problem solver, leveraging SOP’s, test methods/specifications, and support functions to drive and resolve product and paperwork quality investigations from a balanced risk-based decision-making framework. You are continuous improvement focused and can work cross functionally to implement proactive and corrective actions. You ensure shift training is up to date and audit production areas to ensure compliance to appropriate SOP’s. Weekend day Shift (D-Shift): Friday-Sunday from 6am-6:30pm.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1+ years of prior production or manufacturing lead experience
- Bachelors or Associates Degree in Operations Management, Engineering, or Business
- Prior Supervisor experience
- Strong leadership skills: motivate employees and coordinate activities, performance manage, and handle any disciplinary issues that may arise
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively and communicating successfully in a cross-functional and multi-cultural environment
- Strong communication skills: engage employees, provide clear explanations of required tasks, strong verbal and written communication, communicate clearly with support functions and other departments
- Demonstrate strong quality knowledge: GMP/GDP, ISO standards
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a constantly changing business environment
- Previous manufacturing, QC, or Cleanroom experience
- ERP experience (e.g. Oracle or SAP)
- Experience with automation machines
- Lean Six Sigma and/or root cause analysis training
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.