Show All Results
Associate Scientific Director Discovery NCE DMPK (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
As Associate Scientific Director you will champion and develop new scientific ideas and concepts specifically focused on DMPK-related activities. This will include scientific excellence and validation of in vitro, in vivo and in silico DMPK assays. You will provide support for external opportunity evaluations. The role coaches peers and contribute to maintaining a strategic network within and outside. You will provide scientific input to DMPK strategic goals and contribute to the overall goal of Discovery DMPK of selecting high quality molecules to advance in our pipeline. The Associate Scientific Director will collaborate with the Development DMPK teams to ensure that the right development studies are conducted to manage risk and de-risk identified liabilities. The role will have good understanding of PK/PD models preferentially with hands-on experience in using them to support discovery projects.
You will be DMPK representative in project teams and support projects from concept generation up to selection of development candidates (and beyond when needed). As project representative, you will identify DMPK related key issues in Discovery projects and provide inputs to the design of new molecules to address these issues. The Associate Scientific director will compile DMPK data to predict human PK, and in collaboration with other relevant disciplines (Clinical Pharmacology, Discovery Pharmacology, Safety, Formulation, etc) predict human efficacious dose.
Who you are:
- PhD in Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, Chemistry or related fields with >10 years of experience in DMPK, Clinical Pharmacology or related fields
- Have a proven record of in-depth knowledge of DMPK science and its application in drug discovery
- Good scientific visibility through a substantial track record of relevant publications
- Team player with strong communication skills in a multicultural environment
- Strong negotiation skills with an ability to influence in complex situations
- Highly flexible and creative with a strong sense of responsibility
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com