Show All Results
Manufacturing Operator 1 (2pm-10:30pm)
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Manufacturing Operator 1 will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the demands and requirements of Millipore-Sigma customers.
- Safely handling chemicals, understanding of chemical reactions and hazards
- Stages and destages materials and equipment using pallet mules, manual equipment, and PIT
- Verifies quality and integrity of material and equipment used
- Identifies unsafe conditions and corrects them. Completes Safety Observation/Near Miss report with suggestions to improve/prevent condition
- Participates in incident investigations and safety meetings
- Achieves defined personal development goals
- Performs in-process analytical testing, including work-ups and simple interpretations as described in the MPR
- Identifies malfunctions in equipment operation, and with appropriate approval takes corrective action
- Basic job-related SAP applications
****Earn a $1000 Sign On Bonus payable after 30 days of employment****
Shift: M-F 2pm-1030pm
Pay rate: $17.50/hr +
Who you are:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Chemistry or Science related Associate Degree (chemical technician) OR 2+ years of college chemistry
- Experience working in a chemistry-related environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills, mechanical aptitude, basic mathematical skills
- Ability to read and understand written protocols
- Operate forklift or hand pallet truck, hand tools, lab equipment, calculator and weighing and measuring devices
- Basic understanding of ISO and quality systems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.