Show All Results
cGMP Manufacturing Supervisor - Pharmaceutical Chemicals, Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Supervise personnel and resources for manufacturing of Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemicals (BPCs) and Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) regulated by the Food and Drug Administration following protocols consistent with and established according to current Good Manufacturing Practices.
Develop subordinates' knowledge and skills to improve performance and expand abilities. Coordinate the group’s efforts to assist meeting the departmental and company objectives through direct contact with Customers, Sales, Research & Development, Quality Assurance, and Quality Control.
- Select, train, develop, motivate and evaluate employees. Assist in the selection process of candidates in a manner consistent with company policies.
- Supervise employees to accomplish all departmental goals and objectives in a safe manner and in compliance with all applicable federal, state and company regulations (OSHA, EPA, NRC, ATF, FDA, etc.)
- Ensure tasks are done in accordance with approved OPs, MMFs and other cGMP protocols and that processes proceed correctly.
- Provide strong avenue of communication for employees and ensure information is passed on to subordinates in a timely fashion through weekly meetings and shift pass downs. Communicate the group’s status, data and feedback to management.
- Direct Group's efforts toward Process improvement and company goals.
- Approve and sign for production any Master Manufacturing Formulas, Operating Procedures, batch records and other documentation to ensure compliance with FDA and cGMP guidelines.
- Plan for short-term and long-term response to customer needs and company goals.
- Contribute to the support of customer relations. Interact with the customers and represent the company during audits.
- This position has rotating 12-hour night shifts
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related life science discipline
- 3+ years of experience in a laboratory, pharmaceutical manufacturing space, or chemical manufacturing facility
- 3+ years of supervisory experience in a GMP manufacturing or production facility
- Experience with cGMP Manufacturing is highly preferred.
- Basic chemistry and science principles
- Experience with life sciences quality assurance, quality control, deviations, or CAPA management
- Knowledge of various relevant processing techniques and equipment
- Knowledge of managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Proven interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, motivation, and leadership
- Good communication including writing and oral, ability to communicate with various disciplines and levels both one-on-one and group communication
- Knowledge of Process Improvement methodology
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.